September 5, 2019
Responsible for the technical development of products according to specifications and requirements established in the Customer Specification, the target cost and the required timing.
The position is a member of the Product Engineering Team.
Main roles and responsibilities
• Technical contact point with Customer’s Engineering Department in order to present and discuss feasibility analysis, design proposals, 3D and 2D data.
• Responsible of the Product design development, using the calculation and validation existing tools, and providing the necessary information to the CAD Designers in order to create the 3D models and the product drawings.
• Responsible for technical development of new parts.
• Responsible of the Design FMEA and participant in the Process FMEA.
• To ensure that the product meets the requirements regarding materials, components and of customer specifications.
• To take part in the process analysis meetings, in order to optimize the manufacture of the product.
• Responsible for revision and approval of 3D model and Product Drawings made by CAD Designers.
• Definition of the Basic mould requirements and issuing of their request for quotation.
• To define and manage the prototypes which may be required.
• Responsible for the definition and issuing of the Trial orders.
• Analysis of the resulting samples of the Trial orders, identifying the existing deviations and defining corrections and/or required design modifications.
• To support corresponding Project Manager/s by providing proposals to the Client on improvements and technical solutions for the projects under development.
• To take part in new products’ offers.
Academic Background - Preferably:
• Industrial Engineering, specialized in Mechanics / Mechanical Engineering
Academic Background - Acceptable:
• Materials Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Chemical Engineering.
• Spanish: High level is a must
• English: High level is a must.
• Other languages will be highly valued.
Other knowledges required:
• Knowledge on Plastic part design key factors.
• Basic knowledge in Plastic Injection Moulds.
• At least 3-4 years in the Product Engineer position
• Experience (preferably) in Automotive components sector providing OEMs
• Experience (aceptable) in Sectors that design and develop plastic injected decorative pieces that have an aestetic component.
• Honest / Responsible
• Analytical capabilities, Conceptual thinking,
• Ability to develop interrelations, Teamwork,
• Sensitive to Quality and Aesthetics requirements.
Other relevant considerations
• Highly valuable: International experience, used to work in multidisciplinary teams and environments and different nationalities.