Senior QA / Software Tester
IT & Telecommunications
August 4, 2019
As Senior QA/Software Tester you will work within the Research & Development side of the firm alongside our quality assurance team. You will contribute as a key member of the team in analysing, defining, planning and executing / delivering test strategies, plans & scripts.
· Working as part of a collaborative QA team with responsibility for delivering client projects.
· Analyse and understand feature requirements to identify testing scope.
· Define and execute on test strategies, plans and scripts.
· Good knowledge of automated test design / execution ideally with exposure to Agile (SCRUM).
· Provide test estimates and detailed test schedules.
· Accurate tracking and monitoring defects through to closure.
· Execute and enhance regression test suites using latest tools and technologies. Drive efforts in automated regression testing.
· Drive continuous process improvement.
· Mentoring and supporting of junior QA resources.
· Participate in daily stand ups with project team.
· Contribute to improving quality software deliveries.
· Collaborate with multiple teams across the business and SDLC.
· Involvement in regression, migration and integration testing.
· Clear understanding of escalation process on high impact issues.
· Contribute to creating and maintaining Test Strategy.
· Ownership of requirements traceability for functional and non-functional testing.
· Lead/participate in defect triage discussions internally.
· Ability to prioritise own tasks and delegate to junior team members where required.
· Supporting Development Lead with test management tasks where appropriate.
· Ensure quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Minimum 4-5 years QA and software testing experience.
- Experience in test estimation and test planning.
- Experience in test automation frameworks and hands-on test automation development experience.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile testing.
- Experience with test management tooling/solutions.
- Knowledge of principles of Continuous Delivery and associated tools (e.g. Jenkins).
- ISTQB Certified (minimum Foundation level) or similar.
- Experience with Mongo and SQL server databases.