Chief Financial Officer
Finance and Administration
August 5, 2019
● Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team (Board of Directors, CEO, COO…)
● Leading the group from a financial perspective to develop and implement the strategic plan.
● Helping the group to grow leading M&A operation’s financial side.
● Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regards to operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
● Identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
● Evaluate department and making suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
● Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
● Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
● Oversee and support legal and compliance area at an international level.
Financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting
● Review and analyze monthly financial budgeting reports and monthly results to provide recommendations.
● Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
Accounting and financial management
● Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software.
● Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance, and financial procedures.
● Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
● Coordinate with Chief Accounting Officer, Regional Controllers, and Headquarters.
● Oversee multi-currency cash flow management at a global level.
● Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
Financial relations and policies
● Engage board of directors to develop short-term and long-term plans, projections, and budgets.
● Represent company to third parties: banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, auditors, etc.
● Remain current on audit best practices as well as state and local laws regarding company operations.
● Bachelor Degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting. MBA will be valued.
● At least 15 years of experience, 5 of them at a CFO level in a hands-on, high growth, scaling company.
● Experience with multi country/multi currency corporate structures and knowledge of tax schemes at a global level.
● M&A knowledge and experience is a must.
● Outstanding knowledge and understanding of legal, compliance, and reporting at international level.
● Systems and financial platform implementation experience is strongly valued.
● “Hands-on” mindset.
● Ability to work under pressure and in rapidly changing conditions.
● Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
● Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence
● Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent level of English. Spanish will be valued.
● Availability to travel internationally (probably more often initially than when things are running smoothly.