Operations Specialist, Banking
June 27, 2019
FINANCE AND INSURANCE
- To manage the day-to-day activities of the Operations Department.
- To monitor and manage the order flow of the different trades and investments (equities, fixed income, forex, derivatives, structured products, and mutual funds).
- To monitor, manage, and follow up the settlements of all the executed trades.
- To inform, manage and execute all Corporate Actions arising from the held positions at the Bank.
- To administer and manage all administrative tasks surrounding the services offered by the Bank, such as: Custody Management, Cash Management, Tax Management, Static Data update, Accounting registration, Fees settlement and follow up, Reconciliations, Reporting to clients, etc…
- To monitor and manage all operations derived from the Banking Services products: cash accounts, term deposits, transfers, direct debits, loans, etc..
- Control, Manage and deal with: Global Custodians, Market Data Vendors, Local Authorities, BPOs, and others.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively identify and suggest areas of improvement
- Design controls procedures and risk measurements as well as its maintenance.
- Reports in activity and follow up.
- Operations departments especially in Private Banking (min. 5 years).
- Good understanding of financial markets, accounting concepts and financial services such as portfolio management and investment advice as well as understanding of financial products: shares, bonds, futures and options, mutual funds, structured products, ETFs, Forex, etc…
- Solid analytical capabilities and strong operational bias
- Multi market and multi product cross knowledge and experience.
- Solid regulatory knowledge: MIFID II, FATCA and CRS, local Luxembourgish requirements, etc...
- Decision-making capability with a business-minded, but critical approach
- Language proficiency: Fluent English required, Spanish or Portuguese will be valued.
- IT skills: Temenos softwares (T24, TAP, Wealth Suite, etc…), Easyway and Euclid, advanced Excel and Access, Swift Alliance, Bloomberg, AFI web, Central Bank system, etc…